Reveal a person’s location based on site visits
Once you know who your website visitors are, you can customize their experience to improve engagement and conversions.
Clearbit Reveal already delivers company-level information based on an IP address. But people work and browse from plenty of places outside of their company headquarters. So we now provide a visitor’s location data, including city, state, and country.
Clearbit will reveal a person’s location data — even when we can’t identify their company. So if a new remote teammate was browsing our site, we could still personalize based on their current location.
What new kinds of dynamic site personalization can you do?
- Customize calls-to-action based on whether the visitor is in a place within your ideal customer profile. For instance, only show a “Contact Sales” option to identified visitors from qualified companies or non-identified visitors in target cities like San Francisco, New York, or Boston.
- Showcase nearby physical locations, such as retail stores, spaces, or properties. For instance, businesses like Opendoor (for buying and selling homes) or Breather (for booking workspaces) could show nearby listings — from the user’s very first visit to their homepage.
- Promote upcoming local events, like conferences and meetups
- Show familiar images to help the visitor connect faster. For example, show visitors from San Francisco photos of relevant local spots or the logos of San Francisco companies.
- Customize content, like displaying relevant news or featuring content marketing based on location.
Provide a more relevant experience from the very first visit with this new person location data!
Have questions or not using Reveal yet? Please reach out to your customer success manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.